Week 14 - Crossing My Fingers

I think I'm beginning to feel better. It's been 2 days since I've been sick. Sure, I still feel a little nauseous throughout the day. Mostly though, I'm keeping my food down. That's a good sign right?

Week 14! Ever since Thanksgiving, time has gone by A LOT quicker. Even the ultrasound doesn't seem all that far away now (only one more month!). One of my friends gave me some maternity clothes - thank God! My pants were beginning to kill me. I'm starting to look like a bloated blimp. The in between stage of "is she just getting fat?" and "huh, I think she might be pregnant, but I'm too afraid to ask just incase."

There was this once, 2 years ago, one of my co-workers came up to me on the street and excitedly hugged me and asked, "oh my gosh Carly! Are you pregnant?" You should've seen my face. I was in my fat phase (I think I must've gained 20 lbs in a year around that time) and already felt terrible about myself. And then you should've seen her face. I didn't know who felt worse - her or me. She came up to me the next day and apologized profusely. Told me I didn't actually look pregnant, that it must've just been the shirt I was wearing.

Now that I want people to notice, no one even gives me a second glance. Probably because I have a look of death everywhere I go. I felt so bad today, one of my co-workers said hi to me and asked me how I was doing. And I probably looked completely miserable and barely answered his questions.

These are things you don't expect to happen during pregnancy.

Good news is that I've made a decision about work. Bad news is that you have to wait until I talk to my boss to know what that decision is.

Oh, it snowed in Edmonton yesterday. They say you're supposed to feel hot during pregnancy. I'm waiting for that to kick in. It will come in really handy when it's -40 this winter. So far, I've just been freezing. Freezing all the time.

Baby! Help me out here! The more you torture me now, the more I will torture you in years to come. Just remember that...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!