It's a REAL baby

Ever watched Glee? Remember when Mr. Schuster's wife had a phantom baby? So a few weeks ago, a thought dawned on me that this could be a phantom baby. Afterall, you get all the symptoms of pregnancy when you have phantom baby. (It was also on an episode of CSI once) Maybe I've wanted this so much I conjured this whole thing up.

Imagine how much that would suck to know that I've been so sick all for a baby that doesn't even exist?!

So on Saturday I broke down and rented a baby doppler (this handheld device to monitor your baby's heartbeat). There's this lady in town who rents them out and I just happened to grab the last one she has right now. (Or she could just be saying that - I know how to market too, lady)

It was nothing fancy, she said I should have a full bladder because it lifts up my uterus. So I went home, told Bryan all about it, and we decided to try it out.

Of course, I can't read instructions to save my life. Bryan read the whole thing and went on to find a heartbeat.

Nothing.

Bryan actually got mad at me for getting it. He said now I'm going to freak out that this is a phantom baby. I was actually pretty calm. I think he was the one freaking out.

After 5 minutes of white noise, we decided to try later. Thank goodness too, I was about to pee my pants.

I decided to try this thing myself. After watching 3 You Tube videos (what better way to learn how to do anything?), I gave it a whirl.

Aaaaaaand - it's a REAL baby! Heart beating at 150 bpm. Only found one :)

(big sigh)

So yeah, this is for real guys. Bet for a minute there, you thought I was having an imaginary baby too.

PS - I'm not crazy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!